Updated: Jun 18
It has spectacular soothing and antioxidant properties thanks to the abundance of vitamins E and K, Omega 6, Omega 9, amino acids confer to Ficus extract many benefits for your face, under eyes and décolleté.
• Removes Fine Lines and Dark Spots
• Reduces Sun Damage
• Helps against Acne, Eczema, Rosacea, and Redness
• Prevents Puffiness and Dark Circles
• Glowing skin without leaving a greasy finish
• Reinforce skin elasticity
It´s unbelievable, while prickly to the touch, Ficus also happens to be one of the most soothing skincare ingredients. The plant is referred to as the miracle plant due to its ability to survive long spells of drought and still produce healthy fruits that are edible.
In this post, we discuss some of the benefits of Ficus for the skin and how you can use it to have healthy and gorgeous skin.
Read on to discover the secrets of maintaining smooth, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
Natural beautiful benefits of Ficus extract
Nature’s skin brightening solution.
Ficus has the particular ability to brighten the skin and get rid of any dark spots. Rich in Linoleic acid nourishes the skin and eliminates dullness, darkness, and discoloration, while the high levels of vitamin E have exceptional transformative properties for mature skin.
It also increased collagen production and improves the overall appearance of dark spots and uneven skin pigmentation.
Say goodbye to dark circles (Vitamin K)
Vitamin K keeps your skin glowing and bright, because it helps to strengthen the walls of your blood vessels, reducing stretch marks, under-eye circles, and spider veins to reinvigorate your skin.
Vitamin K may also help to balance skin coloration. It is believed to bind to pigment compounds and carry them out of the cells. Reduction of pigments may help lighten age spots, minimize the appearance of freckles or blemishes and further lighten dark under-eye circles.
This extract is also rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants that help to fight free radicals in your skin, causing healing and preventing damage.
It contains powerful anti-aging properties that rejuvenate the skin making it appear smooth and good-looking.
This is partially due to the amino acid content that plays a critical role in stimulating collagen production, improving skin elasticity, and preventing the formation of skin lines and wrinkles.
Improved skin hydration
Hydration is one of the most known properties of Ficus flower extract. You can say goodbye to dry and irritating skin and welcome smooth and moisturized skin. Not only does it moisturize your skin, but it does so specially and uniquely that makes it glow.
Ideal for any skin type especially for oily skin
A usual problem that people with oily skin have, is sebum accumulation. This buildup can lead to clogged pores, acne, as well as bacterial and fungal threats.
The high content of linoleic acid in Ficus extract helps break down this accumulation and flush the excess sebum from the pores. In addition to being anti-inflammatory, Ficus extract is also antimicrobial, and together that’s a recipe for healthy, unclogged pores, plus a clear, firm complexion.
High fatty acid content means that Ficus extract works well to calm inflammation to soothe breakouts and the redness of rosacea sufferers.
Ficus extract benefits all types of skin, plus its specific impact on dry, sensitive, and oily skin given its many soothing, firming, youthful rewards.
Unlock your skin´s beauty
Vitamin E and omega-6 also promote elasticity and protect the skin from damaging free radicals and UV light. By stimulating healthy cell regeneration and promoting a highly functional skin barrier, the omega-6 in Ficus extract gives your skin a plump, smooth texture and a vibrant, healthy appearance. This means that your skin will naturally lock in moisture.
Where can I find this ingredient?
Why Veigan Natural Skincare?
At Veigan, we believe that every skincare product we produce is special—just like you. We developed our products based on the belief that there are universal needs shared by all skin. And we are confident that our Golden Botanical Serum will unlock your natural beauty in a way you have never experienced before.
1. V. Lobo, Patil, A., Phatak, A., & Chand
ra, N. (2010). Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy Review, 4(8): 118–126.
2. Angelo, G., Oregon State University. (2012). Essential fatty acids & skin health. Retrieved from http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/skin-health/essential-fatty-acids
3. Letawe, C., Boone, M., & Pierard, G.E. (1998). Digital image analysis of the effect of topically applied linoleic acid on acne microcomedones. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 23(2): 56-8.
4. Ghazi, Z., Ramdani, M., Fauconnier, M.L., El Mahi, B., & Cheikh, R. (2013). Fatty acids sterols and vitamin E composition of seed oil of Opuntia Ficus Indica and Opuntia Dillenii from Morocco. Journal of Materials and Environmental Science, 4(6), 967-972.
5. Ramadan, M.F., & Morsel, J.T. (2003). Oil cactus pear (Opuntia ficus-indica L.). Food Chemistry 82(3), 339-345.
6. Ahmadraji F, Shatalebi MA. Evaluation of the clinical efficacy and safety of an eye counter pad containing caffeine and vitamin K in emulsified emu oil base. Adv Biomed Res. 2015;4:10. doi:10.4103/2277-9175.148292